DPS Blotter

Wednesday, Feb. 11Department Information, 1200 block of 35th St NW, 3 a.m.

A complainant reported that on Jan. 30, 2009, she woke up to an unknown male suspect lying in her bed and verbally challenged him. The suspect exited the bedroom without responding and departed the residence by an unknown means. The suspect was described as a white male with dark brown hair wearing blue jeans and a puffy black jacket. An investigation by MPD and DPS is ongoing.

Thursday, Feb. 12

Drug Violation, Village B, 10:22 p.m.

A report was received regarding possible drug activity in the area of Village B. Drugs and drug paraphernalia were confiscated and suspects identified. An investigation is ongoing by DPS.

Friday, Feb. 13

Fire (Trash Compactor), White Gravenor, 3:55 p.m.

A report was received regarding a fire in the area of the White Gravenor trash compactor. A check of the trash compactor revealed that a person or persons had discarded a lit cigarette in the compactor. The fire was subsequently extinguished by D.C. Fire Department. No injuries were reported and damage was limited to the compactor. DPS is conducting an investigation.

Property Damage, Copley Roadway, 5:21 p.m.

A complainant reported damage to her personal vehicle while it was parked unattended on campus. No suspects or witnesses were identified. An investigation by DPS is ongoing.

Tuesday, Feb. 17

Suspicious Activity (Soliciting), Old North, 11:25 a.m.

A report was received regarding an unknown male soliciting in the building. A complainant stated that she was approached by the male who was inquiring if she had any books for sale. A canvas of the area resulted in negative findings. An investigation by DPS is ongoing.

– Compiled from Department of Public Safety reports. The DPS blotter appears every Friday.