Ex-Georgetown Basketball Player Arrested for Stalking Thompson

A former Georgetown basketball player was arrested Tuesday for making threatening phone calls to Georgetown Men’s Basketball Head Coach John Thompson and for trespassing on the Georgetown campus. Kevin Millen (GSB ’95) was arraigned Thursday for two counts of misdemeanor threat and one count of misdemeanor unlawful entry. According to several reports, Millen allegedly made phone calls in which he threatened bodily harm on employees of the basketball office, including Thompson. According to The Washington Post, Millen had begun calling Thompson for job advice in January. According to the D.C. Superior Court affidavit, Thompson helped Millen find a job, “but for reasons unknown to the complainant, the defendant’s employment/career efforts met with abrupt and unahppy endings.” The affidavit states Millen called the basketball office at least 37 times since February and had been subsequently banned from the campus. “Due to Kevin Millen’s past behavior, he had been banned from campus,” the university said in a statement. “In spite of this Kevin appeared Tuesday morning on campus. He was detained by Georgetown protective service and turned over to police.” Georgetown Senior Sports Communications Director Bill Shapland declined further comment on the matter, as did Department of Public Safety spokesman Sgt. Gilbert Bussey. Neither would comment on how the school was informed of Millen’s presence Tuesday or about where on campus Millen was arrested by DPS. U.S. Attorney’s office spokersperson Channing Phillips told The Hoya that Millen went under court-ordered preliminary mental evaluation. Thursday. The results of this evaluation are not immediately available. Depending on the results of the evaluation, Phillips said, Millen could be released on cash bond or his own recognizance. If he is found not mentally sound, he could remain detained. illen played for the Hoyas from 1991 to 1995, coming off the bench to play shooting guard or power forward. He started in only three games in his career, all during his freshman year.