Full Exposure Closed, Used as Storage Space

The Corp has announced that after Full Exposure’s closure this May, the free space in the Leavey Center will be used as storage space for various “seasonal services” provided by the organization, including the Book Co-Op and Shipping and Storage.

No definite conclusion has been reached as to the status of the space after next year, though the Full Exposure Committee will make a decision by Jan. or Feb. 2005. Members will then judge it as either an essential or dispensable asset depending on its usefulness and cost efficiency.

“We’re going to keep [the space] for a year,” The Corp’s CEO and President Christine Werner (MSB ’05) said. “Space is so hard to get back on campus. So once we give it up, it’s permanently gone.”

According to Werner, Full Exposure, which opened in October 2000, was The Corp’s “most efficiently run service,” but with high film-developing costs and declining demand because of digital camera technology, The Corp decided in December to close the store at the end of this school year.

Also on The Corp’s agenda was the appointment of three new students to the Board of Directors. Acting as external members, Christina Besozzi (COL ’05), Jason Crawford (COL ’05) and Brian Morgenstern (COL ’05) will team up with the three internal operating officers and assist in giving outsider input and making decisions concerning The Corp’s activities, as well as networking with other campus groups. Eric Lashner (COL ’05) returns to the board to serve as chair for the 2004-05 fiscal year.

The Corp also announced the renewal of Midnight MUG office hours, which give professors or teaching assistants the opportunity to host their office hours in the MUG and receive free coffee and food.