Hoya Notebook

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Men’s Basketball Residence Halls will now open at noon on Monday, Jan. 8 for spring semester classes instead of the previously announced Tuesday date. The change was announced on the registrar’s calendar and was made to accommodate students’ return for the game against Big East rival Villanova at 8 p.m. at Verizon Center. The game will be aired on ESPN. Women’s Lacrosse Assistant coach Michi Ellers (COL ’04) was named to the 2006-07 women’s lacrosse Elite team. The team 24-woman team will train for the next year with the intention of competing against top-level collegiate and international teams, preparing for the women’s lacrosse World Cup. Ellers started all four of her years at Georgetown and was named an all-American and Big East Defensive Player of the Year her junior and senior years. Crew All four crew teams elected captains, it was announced Monday. Leading the heavyweight men’s team are junior David Carter, sophomore Gordon Erndt and junior Dan Mendez while the lightweights are led by juniors Patrick Sheridan and Michael McGrath. The women’s heavyweight captains are juniors Kathleen Hughes and Erica Rose. Junior Dana Goldman and senior Marcy Hupp will lead the women’s lightweights. -Fiore Mastroianni