Intruder Assaults Student in Home

A Georgetown student was accosted Saturday morning by a man who university officials said entered her home through an unlocked door and attempted to undress her.

According to a campus-wide public safety alert e-mailed Monday night, the man entered the Georgetown student’s home on the 3500 block of O Street at about 5:30 a.m. Saturday and woke her up.

“The suspect came in the door and tried to take [the student’s] clothes off while she was sleeping,” David orrell, vice president for university safety, said.

The safety alert said that a struggle ensued and the suspect was last seen exiting the front door.

University officials said they suspected that the unknown male involved in Saturday’s assault has also been involved in similar assaults in the recent past.

“The description matches similar incidents over the past year or so,” Morrell said. “It’s a guy we’ve been looking for but just can’t catch.”

Morrell said that the suspect is getting bolder, but this is the first time he has actually touched a woman.

“He has been found in women’s townhouses peering in . as a peeping tom,” he said.

The student was not injured during the incident and no property was reported missing. Both the Department of Public Safety and the etropolitan Police Department responded to the scene and took reports.

The suspect was described in the e-mail as a bald Hispanic male with a dark complexion, in his 20’s and wearing unknown colored pants and a white T-shirt.