Local Network Expands Coverage of Hoya Basketball

Georgetown reached an agreement with the locally-owned id-Atlantic Sports Network to become the “Official Regional Sports Network” of Hoya Basketball.

MASN is scheduled to cover 10 contests this season, four of which are away games for the Hoyas.

“Georgetown University basketball is one of the preeminent college programs in the United States. Because of its rich history, tradition of excellence and championship program, Georgetown is the crown jewel of Washington collegiate basketball,” MASN spokesman Todd Webster said in a press release issued yesterday.

Hoya hoops fans got their first taste of MASN coverage when Georgetown traveled to Vanderbilt on Nov. 15. Although Georgetown’s cable service does not carry MASN, fans packed the Village C Alumni Lounge to watch the Hoyas defeat the Commodores 86-70 on the network.

“We are pleased to have this agreement in place with ASN,” Georgetown’s Director of Athletics Bernard Muir said in the release. “We want this year’s celebration [of the 100th anniversary] to be enjoyed by as many fans as possible, and having MASN as our official cable network helps do that.”

MASN coverage area extends from Pennsylvania to North Carolina. Students who will be in the area for winter break can catch Georgetown games against Winston-Salem State (Dec. 16), Navy (Dec. 23) and Notre Dame (Jan. 6) on the network.

In the spring semester, Village C Alumni Lounge will be open for students to watch Georgetown’s Big East road contests against Rutgers (Jan. 17), Seton Hall (Jan. 19) and Cincinnati (Feb. 21).

All of the Hoyas’ Big East games will be televised by ASN, ESPN or CBS.

In addition to Georgetown basketball, MASN carries men’s college basketball from the Big East, Big 10, Big 12, CAA, WAC, MAC and Sun Belt conferences, as well as NCAA football. The regional sports network is also home to the Washington Nationals, Baltimore Orioles and Baltimore Ravens.