MBA Program Ranks 12th in Country

The Financial Times recently ranked the MBA program at Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business 12th in the United States and 17th across the world. This gain comes after being ranked 25th in 2003 and 29th in 2002.

According to Financial Times, “The criteria measure the strengths in three areas – purchasing power in the marketplace, diversity of experience and the school’s research qualities.”

The rankings are developed from a combination of starting salaries, salary increases, job placement, international atmosphere, teacher standards and other significant factors derived from alumni and student questionnaires and scholarly publications associated with the program.

Among the top 20 MBA programs, the MSB’s ranked 11th in job placement, with 79 percent of students employed three months after graduation.

Class of 2000 graduates also benefit from the seventh highest percentage increase in salary in this elite group.

“These rankings are one measure of our overall success and show that the Georgetown MBA is quite a worthwhile investment,” John Mayo, dean of the McDonough School of Business, said in a university press release.

The improved rankings come while a search is underway to replace ayo, whose term as dean ends at the end of the academic year.