ANC Delays Johnny Rockets Liquor License

Although the Johnny Rockets restaurant on M Street is in the process of acquiring a liquor license, the [Advisory Neighborhood Commission](https://www.anc2e.com/) has delayed its approval of the license for another month due to a [lack of information](https://www.thehoya.com/news/anc-addresses-local-issues-georgetown/).

Johnny Rockets applied for a class C liquor license, which allows retailers to sell wine, beer and spirits to customers. The liquor must be consumed on the premises only.

In residential neighborhoods like Georgetown, the ANC and the retailer applying for a liquor license create voluntary agreements. In this case, the ANC and Johnny Rockets created a voluntary agreement with certain restrictions in addition to the limitations of the class C license. The limitations in the voluntary agreement include that Johnny Rockets must sell only beer and wine. The agreement also stipulates that the restaurant may not sell alcohol after midnight.

At a meeting on Tuesday night, the ANC announced that it was going to protest the liquor license with the intent of passing it in a month. According to Melanie Gisler, executive director of the ANC Board in Georgetown, the ANC Board will protest the liquor license until the Citizens Association of Georgetown meets and approves the voluntary agreement next week.

The ANC will pass the agreement at either their Sept. 19 or 28 meeting, provided that the Citizens Association agrees.

According to the lawyer present at the ANC meeting representing Johnny Rockets, the Johnny Rockets restaurant in Kingstowne, Va. has a liquor license and only derives six-tenths of 1 percent of its sales from liquor.

Kashic Rana, manager at the Georgetown Johnny Rockets, said that he hopes the liquor license will bring in more clients.

The Johnny Rockets press office was not available for comment. “