Campus Spotlight // GPB

The Georgetown Program Board, better known as GPB, is a campus-wide, student-directed group dedicated to providing low-cost entertainment to all members of the Georgetown student body. Founded in 1984 under the Office of Student Programs for Georgetown, now the Center for Student Programs,GPB is headed by an executive board of 11 students who make programming possible through chair-specific programming, chair-collective programming and/or programming co-sponsored with other groups. The 11 board members head committees, such as the Community Outreach, Concerts, Films, Late Night, Marketing, Membership, Off Campus, On Campus and Special Events committees. You may have even seen the executive board walking through campus with the coveted NOTORIOUS GPBshirts.

GPB is dedicated to providing all students with a diverse selection of high-quality, affordable and non-alcoholic entertainment. GPB programming traditions include free weekly films in ICC, the Copley Crypt Halloween Party, the Halloween Exorcist showing with a performance by Groove Theory and the Mr. Georgetown Pageant. GPB’s special events, such as the Donald Glover Comedy Show this fall, the visit of Ace of Cakes Duff Goldman last fall and trips to amusement parks, concerts and theater events have also become staples, all to promote the group’s goal of providing students with entertainment and subsidized trips outside  the Georgetown bubble.

GPB relies heavily on student involvement for input on events and volunteer coordination. If you are interested in joining GPB, the weekly general member meetings are held in ICC 213 at 9:15 p.m. If you cannot attend the meetings but still want to get involved, email [email protected] to sign up for the newsletter, which will have information about upcoming GPB events and deals, such as midnight screening tickets to Breaking Dawn: Part I, a Holiday Theater event, the Spring Kick-Off Concert and other special events next semester. If you have any questions regarding GPB or have ideas for events on or off campus, please email [email protected].

— Kathleen McCullouch, GPB Chair