DPS Blotter

Thursday, Jan.19, 2012

Alcohol Violation, Village A, 1:18 a.m.

A Department of Public Safety officer investigating a noise complaint discovered the underage occupants of a room consuming alcoholic beverages. The case has been forwarded to the Office of Student Conduct.

Theft, Southwest Quad Parking Garage, 8:42 a.m.

A staff member reported that a generator was stolen from a parked truck. The case is under investigation.

Burglary, New South, 9:25 a.m.

A student reported that an unknown person entered her unsecured room while she was sleeping and stole her laptop computer. The case is under investigation.

Friday, Jan. 20, 2012

Theft, McDonough Gymnasium, 10 p.m.

A student reported that her iPhone was stolen from her jacket while she attended a party on Dec. 12, 2011. There are no suspects or witnesses.

Theft, Walsh Building, 12:25 p.m.

A faculty member reported that he accidently left a university iPad in a classroom. When he returned to retrieve the iPad, it was gone.  There are no suspects or witnesses.

Assault, Harbin Hall, 11:07 p.m.

DPS officers responded to a call for an assault on an Resident Assistant by an inebriated andnoncompliant student. The case has been referred to student conduct.

Saturday, Jan. 21, 2012

Burglary, New Research Building, 9:34 a.m.

A faculty member reported that an office suite was burglarized. Money and an electronic item were stolen. The case is under investigation.

Theft, Hariri Building, 11:07 p.m.

A student reported that her unattended laptop was stolen. There are no suspects or witnesses.

Theft, Harbin Hall Bicycle Rack, 11 a.m.

A visitor reported that he parked his bicycle on the bike rack. When he returned, he found the bike was stolen. There are no suspects or witnesses.

Sunday, Jan. 22, 2012

Alcohol Violation, Village C West, 2:52 a.m.

DPS officers investigating a noise complaint made contact with underage students drinking alcoholic beverages.  The case has been referred to the Office of Student Conduct.

Drug Violation, Village C West, 2:52 a.m.

DPS officers recovered drugs from a student room.

Monday, Jan. 23, 2012

Theft, Vital Vittles, 3:38 p.m.

A student worker reported that an unknown male entered the stock area unauthorized and stole two cases of cigarettes.  The case is being investigated by DPS and the Metropolitan Police Department.

The blotter is compiled weekly by the Department of Public Safety.