The Hoyas celebrated their first win of the young season with a victorious bus ride back to the Hilltop last Wednesday after returning from Norfolk, Va., with a 10-4 win over host Norfolk State.

The Blue and Gray (1-3), who had totaled just nine runs prior to the game against the Spartans (2-2), scored more runs and drew more walks in their win on Wednesday than they had in their first three games of the season, while committing only one error the entire game.

“Today was great,” senior center fielder and co-captain Tommy Lee said. “We saw the offense finally come around. It’s especially good when you see everyone participate in the win.”

Five different Hoyas had multihit games, while freshman pitcher Will Harris started for the Hoyas and sophomore pitcher Tommy Isaacs got the win for Georgetown.

“Will Harris did a great job going right at batters and the bullpen with Tommy Isaacs, [juniors] Cary Piligian and Billy Concannon came in ready to keep [Norfolk State’s] line-up off balance,” Lee said.

Harris gave up two runs on four hits and no walks, while striking out three in three innings pitched. Isaacs (1-0) threw three shutout innings, Piligian gave up one unearned run in two innings, and then Concannon finished off the victory for the Blue and Gray. All four pitchers combined to strike out nine Norfolk State batters.

The Spartans struck first with two runs in the bottom of the second but were silenced by the Hoyas’ reply of 10 unanswered runs over the next five innings. Senior outfielder Sean Baumann provided the clutch hitting for the Hoyas, going 2-5 with a run scored and four RBI. Sophomore catcher Erick Fernandez had another impressive game at the plate, batting 2-4 and scoring three runs. Baumann is now hitting .333 on the season, while Fernandez is at .375.

Redshirt sophomore first baseman Dan Capeless drove in two runs, while sophomore left fielder Dan Godefroi, Lee and junior shortstop Tom Elliot also recorded multi-hit games for Georgetown. Freshman outfielder Rand Ravnass netted his first two RBI of his career when he drilled a triple in the sixth.

“The performance today showed us that by attacking the zone and limiting errors we control the game and we expect that type of play to continue now that everyone has seen first hand what it takes to win,” Lee said.

The Hoyas had been scheduled to play four games in the Davidson Tournament in North Carolina this weekend, which was canceled due to bad weather conditions. After this weekend’s break, the Blue and Gray will next face the University of Pennsylvania on Friday, March 6, at the Rollins College Baseball Week held in Winter Park, Fla. The game will commence at 11 a.m.