MEN’S GOLF | Hoyas Finish 2nd in North Carolina

GUHOYAS
Senior Sam Madson carded a 74 last Tuesday at the Eastern Carolina University Intercollegiate, where the Hoyas finished second as a team.

The Georgetown men’s golf team came home with a second-place finish out of a nine-team field at the Eastern Carolina University Intercollegiate, which took place Monday and Tuesday in Greenville, N.C.

Senior Sam Madsen carded a 74 on Tuesday, putting him in a three-way tie at 218 for medalist honors; he won the event outright on the second hole of a sudden death playoff.

The Hoyas finished with an overall score of 886, one stroke behind the tournament hosts and champions. Campbell University finished close behind in third with a score of 887, followed by Charleston Southern University, Elon University and Radford University, who scored 897, 898 and 902 respectively.

Sophomore Patrick DiPasquale matched Madsen with a final round 74, while senior Cole Berman shot a 75. Sophomore Eduardo Blochtein and senior Jack Musgrave both carded a 79 on Tuesday.

The Hoyas have two more events until the Big East Championships. The next stop for the men’s golf team is the Princeton Invitational this Saturday, which will be played at Springdale Golf Club in Princeton, N.J.