Own It Summit 2015

Own It Summit Speaker Interviews

Catch The Hoya’s exclusive interviews with some of the Own It speakers, including Danielle Brooks and Megan Smith.

Web_Imagination_DanielSmithOwn It Summit: Imagination Interview

Actress in the Netflix original series Orange is the New Black Danielle Brooks spoke in the Imagination Interview at the OWN It Summit in Gaston Hall Saturday morning. Co-Executive Editor of Re/Code Kara Swisher moderated the panel.

Web_ImagePanel_DanielSmithOwn It Summit: Image Panel

During the Image Panel of the OWN IT Summit, CBS This Morning Co-Anchor Norah O’Donnell, Washington Post Political Correspondent and Pulitzer Prize-Winning Journalist Mary Jordan and New Yorker Cartoonist Liza Donnelly came together to discuss issues of gender stereotypes, confidence and self-evaluation that impact women’s progress.

Web_InnovationPanel_DanGannonOwn It Summit: Innovation Panel

Technology leaders discussed the evolving landscape of technology and emphasized the importance of social impact to innovation during the Innovation Panel of the OWN IT Summit.

Web_IdentityPanel_DanGannonOwn It Summit: Identity Interview

CEO Angela Rye and editor Julie Zeilinger discussed the themes of identity and experience as female leaders at a panel moderated by history professor Marcia Chatelain. The discussion took place in Gaston Hall Saturday afternoon as part of this year’s OWN IT Summit.

Own It Summit: Impact Panel

In the final event of Saturday’s OWN It Summit, a panel of women in technology, non-profit and service work discussed impactful action and how to measure its success.

Head of Global External Affairs for Airbnb Courtney O’Donnell moderated the discussion, which featured United States Chief Technology Officer and former Vice President of GoogleX Megan Smith, Dosomething.org Chief Operating Officer Aria Finger, and Malala Fund Co-founder Shiza Shahid.