SCS Leadership Changes Announced

Walter Rankin, the senior associate dean for academic affairs and compliance, will become the new dean of the School of Continuing Studies on July 1.

Rankin will replace current Dean Robert Manuel, who announced in early April that he would be leaving to become president of the University of Indianapolis.

During his time in the Office of Academic Affairs and Compliance, Rankin was responsible for ensuring that Georgetown met key accreditation standards, including those necessary for membership in the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.

The change was announced in an email sent by University President John J. DeGioia to the Georgetown community Wednesday afternoon.

In his email, DeGioia also announced that current Senior Associate Dean James Parenti will serve as the SCS’s interim chief administrative officer.

“I know Walter and Jim will provide the outstanding leadership during this time of transition for SCS,”DeGioia wrote in his email. “I want to express my sincere appreciation to them for taking on these important responsibilities.”