The Hoya Announces Leadership

The Hoya has transitioned to a new editorial and publishing staff for fall 2015. The new staff, who began their terms April 20, produced their first print issue today.

Former Campus News Editor Katherine Richardson (COL ’17) begins a semesterlong term as executive editor, taking over from Carolyn Maguire (COL ’16).

“I’m so excited to read and help develop content in multiple sections of The Hoya as executive editor. My background in news has given me a comprehensive knowledge of campus issues, but I’m ready to expand my knowledge base and learn more about our school and the D.C. area,” Richardson said.

Former Photo Editor Daniel Smith (SFS ’17) will serve as managing editor, replacing Alexander Brown (COL ’16).

“As photography editor last term, I was able to work extensively with The Hoya’s visual identity. Now I get to have an impact on our words, and for that, I am truly excited,” Smith said.

Former Multimedia Editor and former Campus News Editor Molly Simio (SFS ’17) is the new online editor, succeeding Jess Kelham-Hohler (COL ’17).

“I am excited to continue to expand The Hoya’s online presence in this position, which is still relatively new,” Simio said. “My term got off to a rocky start; the demise of SaxaNet within my term’s first few hours had the potential to cast the role of online editor into irrelevance, but I am hopeful that it can only improve from this point.”

Christina Wing (MSB ’16) begins a yearlong term as chair of the board of directors, taking over from Sheena Karkal (COL ’15). Wing previously served as director of corporate development in spring 2014, and was the chief coordinator for The Hoya’s Anniversary Gala.

“I’m really looking forward to take on my new role as chair of the board. After planning The Hoya’s 95th Anniversary Gala, I believe I can continue to advance The Hoya as an institution,” Wing said. “Coming from the publishing side, I hope to apply my business background to ensure a lifelong, lasting legacy and am excited to work more closely with editorial.”

Mallika Sen (SFS ’16) will continue her yearlong term as editor-in-chief, and Brian Carden (MSB ’16) will continue to serve as general manager in his yearlong position.