The Hoya Staff Transitions

The Hoya published its first issue today after transitioning to a new editorial and publishing staff for the spring semester Saturday.

Toby Hung (COL ’18), the executive editor for the fall semester, began his yearlong term to serve as the 143rd editor-in-chief of The Hoya, taking over from Jess Kelham-Hohler (COL ’17).
Hung said he is eager to facilitate more dialogue on campus regarding a variety of issues.

“Over the past two-and-a-half years, I have witnessed multiple facets of The Hoya’s role on campus, from igniting much-needed dialogue to sharing the diversity of stories at Georgetown,” Hung said. “I look forward to working with our staff to realize our fullest potential as an organization that serves the entire university community.”

Paolo Santamaria (COL ’18), who served as sports editor in the fall, will take Hung’s place as executive editor for a semester-long term. Santamaria said The Hoya will strive for innovation and break from tradition to achieve its full potential.

“I would be lying if I said the responsibility of executive editor didn’t terrify me, but at the same time, we at The Hoya, in order to even approach the ceiling of what we are truly capable of, must ready ourselves to break out of traditions that we have long held,” Santamaria said. “I’m ready to help champion that cause alongside the best group of coworkers at Georgetown.”

Jesus Rodriguez (SFS ’19), who served as layout editor in the fall, will serve as the new managing editor for the upcoming semester.

“The Hoya is uniquely situated to renew its commitment to journalism and to the greater Georgetown community,” Rodriguez said. “I consider myself extremely lucky to be part of that commitment and continue a tradition that is 97 years in the making.”

Daniel Almeida (MSB ’18), who was director of sales in the fall, will serve the general manager position for a year-long term, replacing Evan Zimmet (MSB ’17).

“I am happy to begin my term surrounded by some of the most competent and passionate individuals Georgetown has to offer,” Almeida said.

Kristen Fedor (COL ’17) will be continuing her yearlong term as chair of the board of directors until April 2017.