The Best Source for Entertainment in Georgetown

The Best Source for Entertainment in Georgetown By Maya Noronha You and your roommate want to grab dinner at a new restaurant in the city, but where can you go for good food at a reasonable price? You decide to rent a movie, but you can’t decide which one to pick. Perhaps you want to check out some exhibits at the Smithsonian, but you’re not sure what’s out there. Will it be worth the trip? Are there any events on campus? Checking out reviews students have written would really help, but where can you find them?

What you need is an easy-to-access, comprehensive guide to entertainment events on campus and in the city, but there’s no such thing . until now.

THE HOYA Entertainment Guide is what you’re looking for. All the answers to your entertainment questions are available online at www.thehoya.com/eg. In just a few clicks of your mouse, you can find out where to go . before you go.

Here’s a little overview of what you can find online. It’s everything you’ve loved about THE HOYA’s Guide, and so much more. In addition to those reviews of events, movies, books and restaurants, THE HOYA Entertainment Guide has its own exclusive articles and extra information. The Entertainment Guide is organized into six major categories: campus, music, movies, food, the city, and shopping.

Campus. Check out information and upcoming shows for Georgetown vocal, instrumental, dance and theater groups. Read about what THE HOYA’s Guide staff writers advise are the top hangouts and best ways to procrastinate. If you’d rather spend your evening at home, curl up with a good book you’ve seen on our book review section or catch an episode of one of the television shows featured on our site. You’ll also find the only calendar exclusively for entertainment events.

Music. You can find every CD review and concert review featured in the Guide. Here, you can get the background on vocal and instrumental groups on campus, see what music stores there are where you can buy CDs, and find out about jazz clubs or other venues.

Movies. If you plan to head to Blockbuster, you can look into our movie review archives to see if that movie is worth renting. Find out about locations of movie theaters in the area and their ticket prices.

Food. Check out the comprehensive listing of restaurants, complete with menus, Guide reviews, the closest Metro stop, and phone numbers to call for reservations or takeout. Compare places to get Chinese food. If you want to cook, the Entertainment Guide even offers you a wide array of recipes.

The City. Read what exhibits are available in the city. Read about the Kennedy Center, museums, art galleries, plays, parks and the zoo. We have information about places to play pool, watch sports games, and see comedy sketches. To get into the city, we’ve also offered you bus and subway schedules, as well as phone numbers for taxicabs.

Shopping. Not sure what to get your special someone for their birthday? Try the shopping section of the Entertainment Guide.In addition to these options already on the Web, campus groups are invited to submit entertainment events (concerts, dance showcases, plays, films, etc.) on our online submission form. There’s something for everyone. Log onto www.thehoya.com/eg right away!

Maya Noronha is a web editor for THE HOYA.