Hoya Notebook

Sailing

Georgetown raced in three regattas over the weekend, posting a top-five finish in one.

Led by strong division B and C boats, the Hoyas finished fourth at the Navy Fall Intersectional at the Naval Academy. Georgetown also took sixth at the Captain Hurst Bowl at Dartmouth and 17th at the Yale Regatta.

At Navy, Georgetown’s division B boat of sophomore Evan Aras and junior Alex Taylor took second out of 20 teams. They had 122 points, and were 10 points behind the first-place boat from Boston College. Sophomore Charlie Buckingham placed second in division C, finishing 19 points behind first-place Cy Thompson, a sophomore from Roger Williams University.

St. Mary’s cruised to first place in division A and won the overall title.

At Dartmouth, the Hoyas finished seventh in division A and 10th in division B. They had 195 points overall, nearly 100 behind first-place Boston College.

Georgetown came in 17th at the women’s regatta at Yale, despite its ninth-place finish in division A.

Next weekend, the Hoyas will be in Kings Point, N.Y., for the Kings Point Invitational and at Old Dominion in Norfolk, Va., for the MAISA Fall Open.

– Kevin Wessel