Hoya Star Fields Questions

Name: Ashton HospodarSport: Field Hockey

Position: Defender

Hometown: St. Davids, Pa.

High School: Radnor High

School and Class: NHS ’09

ajor: Healthcare Management and Policy

High School Career: Captain of her high school squad and was named to “Who’s Who Among High School Athletes” throughout high school career. Central League All-Star in 2004.

GU Career: Started in all 14 games so far this season. Leads the team with three assists.

Tell us something interesting about your hometown: The movie “Grease” is based off my high school, Radnor High. The director of “Grease” went to my high school.

When did you start playing field hockey? I started playing field hockey in fifth grade at St. Catherine’s, which is the grade school I went to.

Was field hockey the only sport you played growing up? No, other than field hockey I was a big swimmer, and I also picked up lacrosse. . But [field hockey] was my best sport and it was the one I was recruited the most for.

If you were to be good at any other sport, what would you pick? I’d probably like to be good at basketball. I played it for a while but I was never really good. It seems like a sport that’s a lot of fun to play.

Who’s the biggest joker on the team? [Sophomore forward] Micaela O’Toole is a big jokester. She’s always joking around.

Who was the one person you looked up to the most on your team when you were younger? I played with the senior captain last year, Deirdre McShea; I played with her in grade school and against her in high school, so I always looked up to her. Any girl who made it through four years, I always respected and appreciated – it’s difficult to play for four years, it takes a lot of time and commitment.

What do you like doing in your spare time? My friends and I like to go down to M Street and Wisconsin; we like going down to the waterfront, especially now that the weather is so nice.

Do you have any superstitions? There’s certain cheers we do before games that always seem to get us pumped up. We have these “Hoya Buddies” where we all pick names at the beginning of the season and we all give each other something to thank each other before the game, but we don’t know who the person is, which is kind of cool.

What was your hardest class at Georgetown? I took a class my freshman year called Healthcare in America. . That class was really challenging for me . but I actually found it to be my most interesting class and really enjoyed it, and I recommended it to other people as an elective who weren’t in the nursing school.

What was your freshman dorm? Harbin. I loved it. All my friends lived in Harbin. I think [mine] was the last year where all of the athletes lived in Harbin, so that was really fun. My roommate was a lacrosse player, we had a good time.

What’s your favorite restaurant around Georgetown? I like to go to Paparazzi a lot. Whenever my family’s in town, or my friends, we always end up going there.

Booey’s or Wisey’s? Wisey’s. I normally get the California Chicken on a wrap.

– Photo and interview by Hijab Shah