Friday Fixat10ns: New Year’s Eve

[8tracks url=”[8tracks width=”600″ height=”500″ playops=”” url=”https://8tracks.com/mixes/3089464″]

2013 – what a year! We laughed at Homecoming and even more the day after. We cried during finals, and we saw just the beginning of what will be many adorable pictures of John B. Carroll. Now, 2014 is fast approaching and with it comes the start of a new semester! So what better way to cherish the memories and forget the “if onlys” of 2013 than to ring in the New Year with a celebration! Whatever your plans may be, here is 4E’s New Year’s Eve playlist to get you to party like, like it’s the end of world (at least the 2013 world):

1. A Little Party Never Killed Nobody (All We Got) – Fergie, Q-Tip & GoonRock Listen to the wise words of Fergie as you get yourself ready for the last few hours of 2013.

2. Diamonds – Rihanna Once you’ve let the party mood sink in, remember all the hard work you have accomplished this year, give yourself a self five and continue to shine bright.

tumblr_mlley70KJ81r419xuo1_5003. I Gotta Feeling – The Black Eyed Peas Regardless of whether your plans include quality time with a dance floor or you alone with your Netflix account, you know tonight is going to be a good night.

4. And We Danced – Macklemore & Ryan Lewis So maybe a little dancing can be incorporated into tonight? (Also this song is perfect for your memory montage of the year with the lines “And we laughed, and we cried, and danced, and had a really, really, really good time.”)

5. Anything Could Happen – Ellie Goulding If there was ever a time to adopt that YOLO mentality, New Year’s Eve would be the night.

6. End Of Time – Beyonce (Amir Afargan Remix) Use this song to focus on those loved ones who helped make this year great (and of course, you can include Beyonce in there too).

7. Years – Alesso ft. Matthew Koma After sufficient reflecting on the past, look toward the years to come. Start 2014 off right by saying, repeating and knowing that these will be the (most memorable) years.

8. The Safety Dance – Men Without Hats We can dance. We can dance. Everybody’s taking the chance.

9. Raise Your Glass – P!nk No matter if you have a physical or metaphorical glass, raise it high and raise it proud. Keeping doing you, Hoyas.

10. Celebration – Kool & The Gang Coming full circle, do not forget that tonight is about appreciating the past year, the ones you shared it with and the memories to come. So in any way you want, celebrate.

Enjoy the rest of winter break, Hoyas! Happy New Year!