Friday Fixat10ns: Waiting for the Snow

[8tracks width=”300″ height=”250″ playops=”” url=”https://8tracks.com/mixes/1351578″]

It’s 50 degrees in February. I’m not wearing a jacket. I see no snow on the ground. This is definitely not what winter is all about, but I’m not ready to give up on it just yet. If you are still desperately holding out for a snowpocalypse so you don’t have to write that paper, I hope our 4E playlist pleases the snow gods for all of us.

Winter Song – Sara Bareilles and Ingrid Michaelson Can it honestly get any better than this dynamic duo? I think not. These two women have the voices of angels. Seriously.

Winter Winds – Mumford & Sons I don’t think I ever been more obsessed with a band. Everything they do is pure genius. And if you were lucky enough to snag a ticket to their sold out concert in Fairfax, Va., this February, this song should definitely get you in the mood for an absolutely incredible concert.

Snow (Hey, Oh) Red Hot Chili Peppers We can always count on the Red Hot Chili Peppers for a catchy chorus. Who knew how much fun it would be to sing, “Hey, Oh,” over and over again?

January Wedding Avett Brothers If you’re a sap like me, you are dying to see a winter wedding at Dahlgren Chapel, preferably during a snowfall because that would just be magical.

Snowfall Ingrid Michaelson She is just too amazing not to be on this playlist twice. And yes, Ingrid, I too “want a snowfall kinda love.” Just in time for Valentine’s day.

Winter Song Caesars Swedish indie rock band. Come on, it doesn’t get any cooler than that.

In Like a Lion (Always Winter) Reliant K They really aren’t feeling the whole winter thing, but I refuse to move on to spring until we get a snow day. End of story.

Early Winter Gwen Stefani Beautiful metaphor, Gwen. Sorry about the end of your relationship, but winter isn’t ending for us just yet.

Wizards in Winter Trans-Siberian Orchestra Okay, I’m usually not into the whole no lyrics thing, but this song is awesome. I don’t know how they do it, but they are a progressive rock band so I guess they can do anything.

Angel in the Snow Elliot SmithThis song makes me want to run outside and make snow angels. Badly. All I need is the snow.

Photo: PublicDomainPictures

Vice President of the