Sunday Night Wrapup: Nats Lose, Nicki Wins

With Dis-Orientation this weekend, it’s safe to guess that the senior class doesn’t have a clue what’s going on in the news. For the class of 2013 (and everybody else out there), here’s the Sunday Night Wrapup to bring you up to speed.

• Prince Harry was confirmed safe in Afghanistan this Friday after there was a Taliban attack on an airstrip close to Camp Bastion, the base where he is currently stationed with the British Army. Sadly, two U.S. marines stationed at Camp Leatherneck were killed during the attack.
  • Unfortunately, the Nationals lost both of their games against the Braves this weekend, 1-2 on Friday and 4-5 on Saturday. However, the Nationals currently lead the National League East by 6.5 games.
  • New judges for American Idol were officially announced this Sunday! Nicki Minaj, Keith Urban, Randy Jackson, and Mariah Carey will be taking seats behind the judges’ table for season 12, which starts on Sunday.
  • With only a week until the Emmys, everyone should begin to plan their viewing party. Check out the nominations and see if any of your favorite shows are in the running. Who will win? Will there be any upsets? We’ll just have to wait and see.

Photo: heyshay.com