Staffer of the Week: Jackie McCadden

Staffer of the Week: Jackie McCadden

Once a week, The Hoya recognizes a staffer that has done a particularly awesome job – now you can get to know about them, too. As part of our Leavey 421 series, we’ll be posting quick interviews with each Staffer of the Week. This week our exceptional staffer brought a little bit (read: a lot) of The Hoya to Verizon Center. Congrats, Jackie McCadden!

1379239_10202533449200822_363738964_n

Name Jackie McCadden
School MSB
Year 2016
Major Finance
Hometown Fort Washington, PA
Position on The Hoya Deputy Copy Editor

Why did you earn staffer of the week?
I earned staffer of the week for taking hundreds of extra basketball previews to Verizon Center for the first home men’s basketball game of the season and putting them on all of the seats in the student section. (Thanks to everyone stronger than me in Hoya Blue whom I forced into helping carry those deceptively heavy boxes. I still owe you guys Chipotle.)

What is your favorite part about working for The Hoya?
My favorite part of working for The Hoya is the daily challenge of trying to dress appropriately for the 35-degree weather outside while simultaneously preparing for the 80-degree temperature in the copy cave. I also enjoy the fact that it’s literally my job to correct people when they are wrong or aren’t making any sense. (Unfortunately, this is much less socially acceptable outside of the office.)

If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
If I could have any superpower, I’d want the ability to control time. While it’d be pretty cool to go back in time and witness my favorite historical moments or go into the future to see what the world will look like in 2050, let’s be honest, I would actually spend the majority of that extra time watching The West Wing on Netflix and trying to get enough sleep for once.

Would you rather fight one horse-sized duck or fifty duck-sized horses and why?
I’d rather take the horse-sized duck, because I think it would be a lot easier to outsmart (or outrun).

If you could pick a theme song for The Hoya office, what would it be and why?
Maybe the Rocky theme song… something intense for when it’s close to deadline and the office gets pretty chaotic as we’re trying to finish everything on time.