Sunday Night Wrapup: Obama v. Romney, Round 2

As we plunge deeper into exams, papers, projects, and assignments, the world continues to spin. If you find yourself completely unaware of recent happenings, don’t fret! We’ve got you covered with the latest news.

• The Hilltop tuned into the second Presidential debate, watching both the presidential candidates discuss foreign and domestic policy. This debate proved far more intense than the last one, with verbal fistfights and alongside the moderator’s controversial fact-checking intervention. The general consensus agrees that Obama was far more aggressive and alert this time around, to which he jokingly refers to at the Al Smith Memorial Foundation dinner as being well rested from the “long nap” he had in the first debate.
  • If you missed last week’s Presidential debate, tune in to the last one tomorrow at 9 pm! The two candidates will be discussing foreign policy; so don’t forget to brush up on the facts prior to the viewing.
  • Hillary Clinton came to campus on Thursday (in case you didn’t notice the lines wrapped around Healy filled with students trying to get a spot in Gaston Hall). Many did not get succeed. Not to worry, if you were wondering what she talked about, you can get the scoop here.
  • Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake finally tied the knot after five years of dating! The couple got married in Italy on Friday. The newly-weds had a relatively private ceremony in the city of Fasano.
  • Clashes ensue after funeral of Wissam al-Hassan in Beirut on Friday. Protesters called for the Prime Minister to resign and police responded with tear gas and warning shots.