Score Some Election Day Freebies

Did you vote in the general election? If your answer was no, shame on you — head out right now, you can register on site to vote in D.C. The Duke Ellington School is a polling place, and they’re open until 8 p.m. If your answer was, yes, high five! That “I Voted” sticker you got after you cast your ballot just got way more awesome (sorry, absentee ballot voters).

Besides the warm feeling of patriotism in your chest, that sticker can earn you a snack free of charge – lots of places are giving away free stuff or bonus items with purchase. And while some of them require an “I Voted” sticker, some of these places are just in the spirit of election day giving.

We’ve compiled a few places here, but be sure to leave any more places that you know of in the comments section!

Yoga Studios The D.C. yoga community is offering free yoga classes all day today. Stop by Lulu Lemon, Down Dog, or Georgetown Yoga to stretch out some of your nerves before the election results start pouring in. There are even more yoga studios participating, check out the full list here.

Starbucks While you won’t be seeing any free coffee this election day, you can score a red white and blue bracelet reading “INDIVISIBLE” when you stop by for coffee.

Shake Shack Grab yourself a free Presidential Caramel custard when you fill out a Pledge to Vote card at the Shake Shack in Dupont Circle.

Einstein Brothers Bagels The “I Voted” sticker will earn you a free bagel with cream cheese at Einstein Bros – unconfirmed whether or not it will work at our mini Einstein stands, but it’s worth a try!

Z-Burger It’s a bit of a trek, but Z-Burger is giving away free burgers to customers with a sticker from the voting booth (or you can say “ZVote” at the register). There’s a Z-Burger on Wisconsin Ave. in Glover Park (just past the Whole Foods). And trust us, they’re delicious.

Ben and Jerry’s A free cone with your sticker (this would be a pretty good time to grab the Americone Dream flavor).

Mellow Mushroom This Adams Morgan bar is hosting an election night party starting at 8 p.m. No sticker needed, but if you check in on Facebook with three other friends, you’ll snag a free pitcher of swing state beer – you can choose between Colorado, Ohio and Virginia.