Friday Fixat10ns: Is It Summer Yet?

[8tracks url=”https://8tracks.com/thehoya/is-it-summer-yet” ]

The best time of year calls for the best kind of music. Nothing says summer like the best mix of ’90s, ’00s and today that you have ever heard:

1. “Santeria” by Sublime The perfect, chill summer song. But actually, what is “santeria”?

2. “Where the Wind Goes” by Coco O. While the other Great Gatsby hits might be on the outs, this classic will always be in. Other than the perfection of Coco’s voice (and the fact that we have the same name), the melody of this song is one of the catchiest and most beautiful things I have ever heard.

3. “Daylight” by Matt and Kim There was an entire summer when I would only listen to this song when I drove my car. It perfectly captures the “whatever” mood of summer and makes me want to hitchhike to Maine.

4. “Dirt Road Anthem” by Jason Aldean I will admit, I am not a diehard country fan. But I have been told that this is the quintessential summer song. You tell me. I really liked the music video.

5. “Team” by Lorde There is no song from Lorde that I do not love. This song literally gives me chills when I listen to it. Aren’t we all on Team Summer?

6. “Hotel California” by The Eagles This song is like a saga — I get so invested whenever I listen to it. Also, there are so many perfect lines to quote! I’m currently picturing myself driving down a Californian highway in a convertible with the cool breeze in my hair.

7. “Drunk in Love” by Beyoncé Flawless. The best part is that it is both the perfect dance song and the perfect song lyrically.

8. “Toes” by Zac Brown Band Once again, I am a total country novice. But this song is really happy. Also, they speak Spanish in it … one of my favorite things.

9. “Summer Girls” by LFO This is such a fun song. I would never actually let anyone know that I’m obsessed (until now), but it is such a guilty pleasure. TBT to the younger days.

10. “Chasing the Sun” by The Wanted Of course we needed one really dance-y track. It is summer after all! Personally, I’ll chase the sun all the way to Turks and Caicos.

You might hate my picks, but you can’t hate summer. So keep an open mind and get excited for the best time of the year. Remember though, wherever you are, 4E is a necessity.

Photo: wordpress.com