Concert for Valor Playlist

concertforvalor[8tracks width=”300″ height=”250″ playops=”” url=”https://8tracks.com/mixes/5135337″]

The Concert for Valor is this Tuesday at 7 p.m. and it’s FREE. The National Mall will undoubtedly be packed with thousands of fans screaming for such artists as Bruce Springsteen, Eminem, Jessie J, Rihanna, Zac Brown Band and The Black Keys.

I could make a top 10 playlist for each of these phenomenal bands and singers, but here are a few songs to get you started as you prepare for the music event of the semester:

Price Tag – Jessie J 
This song was featured on Pitch Perfect, so it’s an automatic classic.

Chicken Fried – Zac Brown Band
This 2005 song is a huge throwback that evokes memories of campfires, sleepovers, field trips, cool beer, good friends and an antiquated machine called a “radio.” It also features a shout out to veterans.

Little Black Submarines – The Black Keys 
This song is perfect for everything: pump up playlist, car ride, wake up, sing-along. It is the most versatile and most auditor-aly pleasing song on earth.

The Monster – Eminem and Rihanna
This powerhouse duo absolutely slayed on the Monster Tour, so it would be a sin for them not to perform together on Tuesday night.

Enter Sandman – Metallica 
This song kind of creeps me out but will be unreal if they perform it Tuesday night.

Born in the USA – Bruce Springsteen
This might be the one sure-thing song that might actually be about Veterans. The lyrics are pretty sad but luckily the chorus is a blast to sing along with.

Love the Way You Lie – Eminem and Rihanna 
They’re both going to be there so why not? Rihanna’s duet with Eminem will be almost as good as the one with Shy Ronnie on “SNL.”

Spotlight – Jennifer Hudson 
She’s such a babe and this song is great.

Before He Cheats – Carrie Underwood 
This was everyone’s favorite break up song when we were eight, and now that many of us have experienced real break-ups the lyrics are even more fun to belt out in public.

Best of You – Foo Fighters (Dave Grohl)
For those of you who are not familiar with rock culture, Dave Grohl was the drummer of Nirvana before he became the lead singer for the Foo Fighters. So this song is a definite jam.

Because Tuesday is a holiday many people will not have work or school, so the National Mall will probably be packed by the 7 p.m. start time. We recommend arriving early. Learn more about the concert here. Happy Veterans Day and enjoy the music!