Friday Fixat10ns: Summer Throwbacks

summerthrowbacks

[8tracks width=”300″ height=”250″ playops=”” url=”https://8tracks.com/mixes/5810030″]

With the weather hitting sub-zero temperatures, there is no better time to think of the beach and all the heat we could be enjoying. Spring break is only a few weeks away!

1. “Under the Boardwalk” – The Drifters

This classic hit embodies the naivety that we all feel in the summertime. Don’t you just wanna chill under the boardwalk?

2. “Toes” – Zac Brown Band

This song combines two of my favorite things: summer and the Spanish language. I do not understand why “adios y vaya con Dios” makes me dream of the beach, but I don’t hate it! Vamos a la playa.

3. “Summer of ’69” – Bryan Adams

I cannot listen to this song without having it stuck in my head for at least a day. If I were alive, I bet ’69 would have been the best summer of my life, too.

4. “Brown Eyed Girl” – Van Morrison

God sometimes I wish I had brown eyes just so I could pretend this song is about me. You might be thinking, why is this summer themed? But, doesn’t the bouncy tempo and “sha la la”s just make you feel so happy and carefree?

5. “Island in the Sun” – Weezer

When you’re on a holiday, this is the best song. For sure. This song just explains how good a vacation really feels.

6. “Here Comes the Sun” – The Beatles

This song is so innocent and heartfelt. It is the perfect song to remind you that even though winter is horrible right now, in the end it will get better and be summer. We are almost there.

7. “If You Like Pina Coladas” – Jimmy Buffett

Okay I am a little biased because my family loves Jimmy Buffett, but this song always helps me get through the winter months. But since I do like pina coladas, I always start craving them when I hear the song.

8. “Margaritaville” – Jimmy Buffett

Wasting away in heaven with this song. The mix of chill and catchy is unbeatable, this might be my ultimate feel good summer jam.

9. “Wouldn’t It Be Nice” – The Beach Boys

This song always makes me think of 50 First Dates, AKA one of the best love stories of all time. Wouldn’t it be nice if it were warm, sunny and we were all on the beach having a really really good time?

10. “Soak Up the Sun” – Sheryl Crow

“It’s not having what you want, it’s wanting what you got” are some of the realest words that have ever been spoken. There is no better song to inspire you look on the bright side and soak up what you got.

We are kinda almost there Hoyas. Enjoy this time and get ready for some sunny beach weather in a few months!

Photo: huffpost.com