What To Do Now That Basketball Season Is (Almost) Over

bball

After an embarrassing loss to St. John’s, Georgetown basketball has only two games left in the regular season. For you fanatics who have relished the weekly trips to the Verizon Center and illegally streamed away games using your roommate’s cousin’s girlfriend’s Fox Sports 1 account, we know the end of the season means the end of the era.

closing-time

To help you cope with post-basketball boredom and sadness, we at 4E have compiled a list of activities to keep you entertained.

Get a job
If you care at all, you literally planned your work hours around the basketball schedule this winter. Now that it’s over, you can work more or at least at normal hours and ditch the 8:00 am Sunday shifts.

Do your homework
Real fans know that any time they’ve bailed on a game in favor of studying, they’ve just refreshed their Twitter feeds continuously for two hours and been extremely unproductive. Now you can finally start that paper that’s due tomorrow.

Stalk the basketball players around campus
Some places you might see them: Leo’s, Copley, Rhino (RIP).

Obsess over a different sport
Although men’s tennis only has one home game (and it was last Friday), there are still plenty of other spring sports to choose from including golf, baseball, softball and men’s and women’s lacrosse. Didn’t know we had a golf team? Neither did I.

Pick up a new hobby
Stamp collecting, scrapbooking and cooking are all viable options. Feeling more creative? Try knitting or basket weaving.

On the plus side we still have two more games, The Big East Tournament and – dare I say – March Madness. Best of luck to the team and to all of you in surviving the next few weeks and filling the hole in your hearts that will remain when it is all over.

Photo: https://grfx.cstv.com/; depressedfan.com