Hump Day Chomp: Farmers’ Market Edition

humpdaychomp

Spring at Georgetown brings so many wonderful things: cherry blossoms, tulips around the John Carroll statue and warm weather that makes it just a little bit easier to get up in the morning (forget about the millions of tourists crowding everything in DC, allergies and the inevitable sunburn after spending five minutes outside).

However, there is one thing about spring at Georgetown that comes with no negative side effects: the return of our beloved farmers’ market! Farmers’ markets are one of the most beautiful things to grace our planet: they give you the opportunity to buy and eat delicious bread, produce, crepes, tacos and almost anything else your heart desires. While there’s always a soft spot in our hearts for whatever Leo’s is serving, it’s hard to beat strolling around Red Square with a Chaia taco in your hand.

chaia

There’s also no better way to forget about your impending midterms than stress-eating an entire loaf of bread from Upper Crust Bakery (no shame-it’s worth it) or devouring a Lulu’s ice cream.

lulus

The atmosphere at Georgetown is always just a little bit happier and brighter on Wednesdays from 12-5, and it’s always nice to get a break from your studies and breathe in the fresh air while enjoying delicious and fresh food. To find out more about the vendors coming to the farmer’s market every week, check out the GUFM Facebook page. You might even find out how to score some free hibiscus tea or learn about upcoming special events.

Come join me in frolicking about at the Georgetown Farmers’ Market – you’ll be fat and happy in no time.

Photos/Gifs: iamsickblog.wordpress.com, chaiadc.com, Lulu’s ice cream, giphy.com