The Georgetown Day Cup?

georgetowndaycup

With our favorite holiday, Georgetown Day, fast approaching, there is no way to control the excitement among Georgetown students!

We all know the deal, brunches, lawn, Foxfields and lots of mistakes. However, this year this is a new event to look out for on Georgetown Day weekend: the Georgetown Day Cup!

This Saturday, Apr. 25, GUSA Senate and The Corp will offer cash prices to the student group or organization that brings in the most empty red Solo cups and aluminum cans to one of three collection centers.

The group who brings in the most cups will be $300. Second place will receive $100 and third place will receive $50! All the money, all the prizes, how can you not say yes?

Minion-GIF

Even better, PNC Bank will be providing free reusable water bottles to the first 200 people to visit the three waste collection centers on the day of the event. Water bottles fo’ free!

This event emerges after a health and recyclable friendly semester, with the creation of Cups for Campus, another organization that focuses on minimizing the use of red Solo cups. Yay Georgetown students for taking such initiative this semester!

For more information about this contest, check out the Facebook event. Start saving those cups now!

Photos/Gifs: gifsec.com, Facebook.com