Top Blog Articles of 2015: Editors’ Picks

UntitledHere at The Fourth Edition, we’ve had a great year.  Before we start bloggin’ 2016 away, we’d like to take a little trip down memory lane with a list of our top posts of 2015.  We’ve covered everything from the Pope’s visit this past fall to helping freshmen find their way to Brown House, and everything in-between.  Thank you to everyone for a great year, and without further ado here are our editors’ top picks:

1. “Secret Societies at Georgetown: An Expose”:  We brought this news to you first!  Secret societies are taking over Georgetown in the masses, and they’re doing everything from stealing staples to forming avocado cults.
  2. “A Freshman’s Guide to Getting in Parties”: Navigating parties as a freshman is a challenging task.  The upperclassmen are less than thrilled to host your entire New South floor in their tiny townhouse, and you’re more than excited to sip on jungle juice in their dingy basements.
  3. “If You Lead a Freshman to Brown House…”: To the current occupants of Brown House, we’re sorry.  While it was inevitable that the freshman class would their find their way to your humble abode, we apologize for the role we may have played in accelerating this process.
  4. “How 4E Lost it”: It seems like blogs across campus are writing about losing a lot of things this semester!  What exactly is “it?”  Well, you’ll just have to watch to find out.
  5. “Five Types of People Running for GUSA Senate”: Let’s be real, you know a person who fits each description exactly.  Note: You may want to re-read this article to prep for the upcoming GUSA presidential elections next semester!
  6. “Friday Fixat10s: The Soundtrack to Your First Freshman Crawl”: Whether you cried to this playlist or opted to take a cheerier trip down memory lane with a #tbt pre-game, these tracks definitely brought back a lot of memories.  Memories which were mostly filled with over-crowded Village B apartments and warm Natty…
  7. “It Happens Here”: Following the publications of the stories of Willa Murphy and Olivia Hinerfeld, 4E shared a photo series detailing experiences of several survivors of sexual assault at Georgetown.  This piece was a demonstration of solidarity with all victims of sexual assault across the Hilltop.

As you can tell, 2015 was an incredible year.  Thank you to all of our readers, and here’s to an even better year of blogging in 2016!

Photos/Gifs: capytech.com, buzzfeed.com, giphy.com