Student Leaders Transition

Two of Georgetown’s largest student-run organizations, The Corp and the Georgetown University Alumni & Student Federal Credit Union, announced their new leadership, effective March 1, last weekend.

Alexander Pon (COL ’12) was elected chief executive officer and president of The Corp, succeeding Brad Glasser (COL ’11). Brooke Heinichen (SFS ’12) is the new chief operating officer, following in the footsteps of Josh Feller (COL ’11), and Scott Munro (COL ’12) is the new chief financial officer, succeeding Spencer Fertig (COL ’11).

“We looked toward the potential of people to motivate large numbers of people,” Glasser said of the selection process.

The new leadership cited enthusiasm for improving the employee and customer experience as a key motivator in their decisions to apply.

“I wanted to take the love and passion I’ve developed for The Corp, and I thought this was the best opportunity to put my dreams into action,” Heinichen said.

All three emphasized their excitement at tackling their new roles and a desire for customer feedback.

“Over the next weeks, I plan to meet with everyone in The Corp and other people on campus in an effort to push The Corp into the future,” Pon said.

The Credit Union also selected its new leadership last weekend with a similar mission. Katie Cohen (COL ’12) was appointed the new CEO, succeeding Arjun Mehta (SFS ’11). Kristine Cudahy (MSB ’12) was selected as COO and chairwoman of the board. Greg Francfort (COL ’12) was chosen as CFO, while Rachael Piltch-Loeb (NHS ’12) will be the next chief lending officer. Jack Glascott (COL ’12) was appointed chief human resources officer, Ariana Klener (MSB ’12) was selected as chief marketing officer and Jack Mohr (MSB ’12) was appointed treasurer. All of the appointees will be voted into their positions on March 1.

“I could not be more thrilled,” Cohen said. “When I think about Georgetown, I think about the Credit Union. This is my family. This is not about me in any specific position, it is definitely about the whole team.”

Cohen said the new board would sit down to form a strategic plan for the upcoming year over the next weeks.