ALUMNI Three More Georgetown Alumni Lost in WTC Attacks

Courtesy Ye Domesday Booke Sullivan (GSB ’91)

An avid runner and dedicated musician, Patrick Sullivan (GSB ’91) died Sept. 11 on the 104th floor of the World Trade Center when it collapsed. An employee of Cantor Fitzgerald, Patrick died alongside his cousin, Peter Milano, who was also employed by the investment firm.

“I know [Patrick and Peter] were together when it happened,” his brother Gerald Sullivan said. Gerald, who transferred from Cantor Fitzgerald to another company three weeks before the attacks, had worked with his cousin and brother as a listed trader for the firm. “My brother was a great guy and very well thought of by his co-workers,” he said. “I know the last thought [Patrick] had was that he was glad I wasn’t there.”

After graduating with a degree in marketing from Georgetown, Patrick began work at Prudential Securities in New York, where he interned the summer before his senior year. As an assistant over-the-counter market maker, he worked for Cantor Fitzgerald for six years.

Patrick, 32, attended Xavarian High School in his hometown of Brooklyn, where he was a track star, according to his father Patrick Sullivan. “He ran All-City in track all four years,” he said.

Patrick’s love for running continued in college, as he ran for Georgetown’s track team his freshman and sophomore years.

He remained dedicated to the sport until his death. “[Patrick] had been training for the past few weeks to run the New York Marathon,” his father said.

But Patrick’s interests did not end there. A practiced guitar-player and singer, he was part of a band called “Sweet and Low” at Georgetown. “He practically taught himself how to play the guitar,” his father said.

“I’m sure [Patrick] died trying to help someone,” his father said. “He was always smiling . 32 years of pure joy.”

Gerald agreed. “He was not only my brother, but my best friend. He was one of the nicest people you would know,” he said.

A memorial service was held Sept. 22 for Patrick at St. Thomas ore Church in Rockaway Point, N.Y. “Twenty-six of his classmates came to his memorial service,” his father said. “He was a very popular boy.”

Patrick is survived by his father and mother Patrick and Mary as well as his brother Gerald. He is also survived by his brother Gregory and his children Desiree, 8; Gregory, 2; and Jacqueline, 7 months.