Bucknell Players to Watch

Marcello Trigg

Trigg, a junior quarterback, will enter Saturday’s contest as perhaps the best passer in the Patriot League. He boasts a 175.54 quarterback rating and a completion percentage of 72.3 percent on the season, both of which lead the league.

After being forced into action as a true freshman and going 4-3 as a starter, Trigg retained his job last season and posted an impressive 1,130 passing yards with 13 total touchdowns.

Trigg has looked even better in his 2008 campaign. He began the year in style – completing 14-of-16 passes and throwing for two scores in a 48-42 victory over Duquesne – and has not had a game in which he completed less than 60 percent of his passes.

In just five games, he has thrown for eight touchdowns and only two interceptions, meaning the Hoyas can expect another efficient performance on Saturday. Although he is not much of a threat to run (only 48 yards on 42 rushing attempts this year), Trigg throws with remarkable accuracy in the Bison’s spread-offense attack and rarely makes mistakes.

Sam Nana-Sinkam

After missing the entire 2007 season with a shoulder injury, the junior linebacker appears to be capitalizing on the potential he flashed as a freshman. He has already recorded 57 total tackles in five games this year – 27 more than anyone else on the Bison roster.

Nana-Sinkam started all 11 games in 2006 as an outside linebacker, recording an impressive 85 tackles, two sacks and 4.5 tackles for loss. He also forced and recovered a fumble.

The 2008 campaign has begun just as well for Nana-Sinkam, who continues to show up everywhere on the field. He posted a career-high 18 tackles and an interception in a 21-20 loss to Cornell and was named the Patriot League defensive player of the week. He has also managed to break through the line to block a field-goal attempt.

Already one of the best defensive players in the league, Nana-Sinkam will undoubtedly have an impact on Saturday’s contest.

– Jeff Sutton