Corp Directors Pick Next Year’s Leaders

Ted Reilly (COL ’08) was named the next chief executive officer of the Corp last night as the student-run organization’s board of directors chose new leadership for the coming year.

Reilly currently serves as the assistant general manager of Vital Vittles and general manager of the Book Co-op.

The board of directors also named Jillian Perlow (COL ’08), the current head of Student Storage, as the business’ new chief financial officer, and Maggie Herfurth (MSB ’08), general manager at Midnight Mug, as its chief operating officer.

Terms for all newly appointed executives begin Feb. 1.

Herfurth, Perlow and Reilly were unavailable for comment last night.

Twelve students applied for the top three positions this year. Corp Chairman Craig Kessler (SFS ’07) said the number of applicants was a record, though he did not confirm the number.

Kessler said that the board of directors looked for leaders with a savvy business mind and a deep understanding of the Corp’s mission.

Current Corp COO Jillian Duran (COL ’07) said that a number of applicants from the general applicant pool were invited for an interview with the board of directors and the Corp upper management last weekend.

She added that the appointees will spend the next two weeks training for their new jobs.

“We give them two weeks to get trained so that there is a smooth, active transition,” she said.