DPS Blotter

Wednesday, Oct. 15

Theft, Construction Site, 2:06 p.m.

A complainant filed a theft report after discovering that an unknown person or persons removed his wallet from his backpack. An investigation is ongoing.

Thursday, Oct. 16

Theft, New South, 2:08 p.m.

A complainant reported the theft of his secured bike from the bike rack in the area of New South. An investigation is ongoing.

Theft, Yates Field House, 9:58 p.m.

A complainant reported the theft of his secured bike from the bike rack in the area of Yates Field House. An investigation is ongoing.

Friday, Oct, 17

otor Vehicle Accident/ Assault/Georgetown Employee, Wisconsin Avenue and Calvert Street, 11:21 a.m.

A report was filed with DPS concerning an assault that occurred as a result of a motor vehicle accident off campus between the complainant and the suspect. The complainant reported that the suspect pushed her and shouted profanity while at the scene of the accident. The suspect has been identified and the case is being investigated by MPD.

Theft, St. Mary’s, 12:19 p.m.

A complainant reported the theft of her secured bike from the bike rack in the area of St. Mary’s Hall. An investigation is ongoing.

Sunday, Oct. 19

Destruction of Property, Nevils, 2:21 a.m.

A complainant reported that an unknown person or persons damaged the exit door in the area of Nevils. The window was broken and the door handle was removed. An investigation is ongoing.

Sexual Assault, 3500 block of O St. NW, 2:25 a.m.

A complainant filed a report with DPS concerning a suspect who grabbed her buttocks as he rode past her on a bike. MPD was notified and is conducting an investigation.

Suspicious Activity, 1200 block of 37th St., 1:00 p.m.

A complainant reported that an unknown person or persons had used a liquid substance to wet his newspaper. An investigation is ongoing.

Sexual Assault, 3600 block of N St. NW, 4:12 p.m.

Two complainants reported that a suspect on a bike rode past them while they were walking during the early morning hours and touched their breasts and fled toward 37th St. NW. The case is being investigated by MPD.

Theft, Leavey Center, 8:32 p.m.

A complainant reported the theft of his secured bike from a bike rack in the area of Leavey Center. An investigation is ongoing.

onday, Oct. 20

Theft, ICC, 10:27 a.m.

A complainant reported the theft of his bike from a bike rack in the area of ICC. An investigation is ongoing.

Theft, St. Mary’s, 3:17 p.m.

A complainant reported the theft of his secured bike from a bike rack in the area of St. Mary’s Hall. An investigation is ongoing.

Theft, Reiss Science, 3:40 p.m.

A complainant reported the theft of his secured bike from a bike rack in the area of Reiss Science. An investigation is ongoing.

ischievous Conduct, Village A, 7:04 p.m.

A complainant reported that an unknown person or persons defaced a flyer with homophobic language on a bulletin board in the area of Village A. An investigation is ongoing.

Tuesday, Oct. 21

Theft, Yates Field House, 3:10 p.m.

A complainant reported the theft of his bike from a bike rack in the area of Yates. He stated that he secured his bike on Oct. 18 at approximately 2:30 p.m. and returned an hour later and discovered it was missing. An investigation is ongoing.

– Compiled from Department of Public Safety reports. The DPS blotter appears every Friday.