DPS Blotter

Thursday, Oct. 30

ischievous Conduct, New North Tunnel, 6:26 a.m.

A report was filed with DPS concerning graffiti inside of the New North Tunnel. No suspects or witnesses have been identified at this time and the graffiti has been removed. An investigation is ongoing.

Theft, Car Barn, 12:07 p.m.

A complainant filed a theft report that a person or persons unknown removed his secured bike from the bike rack in the area of the Car Barn. An investigation is ongoing.

Property Damage, McDonough Gym, 3:55 p.m.

A complainant filed a report with DPS after discovering that a person or persons unknown had broken a window of their vehicle. An investigation is ongoing.

Theft, O’Donovan Dining Hall, 15:16 p.m.

A complainant filed a theft report after discovering a person or persons unknown removed her secured bike from the bike rack in the area of O’Donovan Dining Hall. An investigation is ongoing.

Theft, Red Square, 7:30 p.m.

A complainant filed a theft report after discovering that a person or persons unknown removed his secured bike from the bike rack in the area of Red Square. An investigation is ongoing.

Friday, Oct. 31

Property Damage, Pre-Clinical Science, 9:08 a.m.

A complainant filed a report after discovering that a person or persons unknown had dismantled a card reader in an elevator in the Pre-Clinical Science Building. No suspects or witnesses have been identified at this time. An investigation is ongoing.

Burglary, 1400 block of 36th St. NW, 10:37 a.m.

A complainant filed a report with DPS and MPD after discovering that a person or persons unknown had entered the residence and removed some of their property. The complainant reported the following items missing, a laptop, duffel bag, jacket, iPod and other personal items. No signs of forced entry were discovered. No suspects or witnesses have been identified at this time. A joint investigation is ongoing.

Theft, Lombardi Cancer Center, 6:36 p.m.

A complainant reported the theft of a secured bike from the bike rack in the area of Lombardi Center. An investigation is ongoing.

Saturday, Nov. 1

Theft, Copley, 10:58 a.m.

A complainant reported the theft of her secured bike from the bike rack in the area of Copley. An investigation is ongoing.

Theft, Harbin Field, 12:33 p.m.

A complainant filed a report having discovered that a person or persons unknown had used his missing GOCard to make unauthorized purchases. An investigation is ongoing.

ischievous Conduct, Darnall Hall, 4:48 p.m.

A report was filed in reference to persons on the rooftop of Darnall throwing objects from that location. DPS apprehended and identified three suspects. No injuries or damages were reported as a result of the suspects’ actions. An investigation is ongoing.

Theft, Car Barn, 6:21 p.m.

A complainant reported the theft of his secured bike from the bike rack in the area of the Car Barn. An investigation is ongoing.

Property Damage, Harbin Hall, 10:19 p.m.

A complainant reported that a person or persons unknown had put a small dent in the door in the area of Harbin Hall. No suspects or witnesses have been identified at this time. An investigation is ongoing.

Sunday, Nov. 2

Fight, Leavey Center, 1:02 a.m.

A report was filed by DPS officers regarding an altercation that occurred between students at a party in the food court. An investigation is ongoing.

Robbery/Weapon, 1400 block of 34th St. NW, 11:06 p.m.

A complainant reported being approached from the rear by a suspect who produced a weapon and demanded her property. The suspect took her laptop, cell phone and wallet, and fled in an unknown direction. No injuries were sustained by the complainant. A joint investigation between DPS and MPD is ongoing.

onday, Nov. 3

Theft, Old North

A complainant reported the theft of a university-owned laptop that was removed from an office and there were signs of a forced entry. An investigation is ongoing.

Property Damage, Off Campus

A complainant filed a report after discovering that a person or persons unknown had damaged the hood and roof of his vehicle. An investigation is ongoing.

Suspicious Activity, Lauinger Library, 10:39 a.m.

A complainant filed a report in reference to the behavior of a patron in the library. The patron was making the complainant feel uneasy when she started to mumble and direct comments toward the complainant. The patron was identified and escorted from the library without incident. Case closed.

Theft, Car Barn, 5:34 p.m.

Theft, St. Mary’s Hall, 11:49 p.m.

A complainant reported the theft of his vehicle that was last seen in area of St. Mary’s Hall. A report was also generated with MPD and no witnesses or suspects have been identified at this time. A joint investigation between DPS and MPD is ongoing.

Tuesday, Nov. 4

Theft, Lauinger Library, 12:09 a.m.

A complainant reported the theft of a wallet containing credit cards, bank cards, various membership retail store cards and other personal items belonging to the complainant. An investigation is ongoing.

-Compiled from Department of Public Safety reports. The DPS blotter is printed every Friday.