DPS Blotter

Wednesday, Nov. 5

Theft, Southwest Quad, 7:57 p.m.

A complainant reported the theft of her secured bike from the bike rack in the area of the Southwest Quad. An investigation is ongoing.

Property Damage, Village C East, 8:34 p.m.

Complainants reported that several items on the floor of their bathroom were damaged from a water leak. The damaged items included a bag of laundry, a pair of boots and several pairs of shoes.

Thursday, Nov. 6

Suspicious Activity, Old North, 10:53 a.m.

A complainant reported finding pry marks on several of the office doors in the area of Old North. No property was reported missing at this time. No suspects or witnesses have been identified. An investigation is ongoing.

Suspicious Activity, Lauinger Library, 1:51 p.m.

A complainant reported suspicious activity in the library. The complainant stated that after returning to her study area she discovered that an unknown person had left an unsigned note with a number. No suspects or witnesses have been identified. An investigation is ongoing.

Friday, Nov. 7

Fire, 3500 Block of Prospect Street NW, 12:04 a.m.

A fire was reported in the area of Prospect Street. A check was made of the area and members of DPS found that residents in the area of the 3500 block had made a bonfire in the backyard. D.C. Fire and MPD also responded to the scene. The fire was extinguished and no reports of damage or injury were reported at this time. An investigation is ongoing.

Saturday, Nov. 8

Suspicious Activity, Reynolds Hall, 8:17 p.m.

A complainant reported after receiving an anonymous text message advising him not to enter New South on Nov. 8 between the hours of 8:15 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. No suspects or witnesses have been identified. An investigation is ongoing.

onday, Nov. 10

Burglary-Forcible Entry, 3300 Block of M Street NW, 9:47 a.m.

A complainant reported that an unknown person or persons entered in the office suites and removed computers and cameras. There were signs of forced entry and MPD was also notified. An investigation is ongoing.

Suspicious Activity, Building D, 10:20 a.m.

A complainant reported finding evidence that an unknown person or persons had been sleeping in her office. A blanket and pillow were found under a chair in the complainant’s office. No suspects or witnesses have been identified. An investigation is ongoing.

Theft, Basic Science Building, 10:37 a.m.

A complainant reported the theft of his iPod. No suspects or witnesses have been identified. An investigation is ongoing.

Theft, St. Mary’s Hall, 12:19 p.m.

A complainant reported the theft of her backpack. The backpack was left outside of a lab in St. Mary’s Hall. No suspects or witnesses have been identified. An investigation is ongoing.

-Compiled from Department of Public Safety reports. The DPS blotter is printed every Friday.