DPS Blotter

Wednesday, September 2

Theft, LXR Hall, 2:50 p.m. The complainant reported the theft of a statue from the balcony of his apartment. The statue is a suit of armor, silver colored, 7-foot, with a shield attached to it. No suspects or witnesses have been identified.

Theft, outside Village A, 4:15 p.m. The complainant reported the theft of his skateboard that was left unattended outside of a classroom. The skateboard is described as a green brand named “Addikt.” No suspects or witnesses have been identified.

Thursday, September 3

ulch Fire, LXR/Nevils Courtyard, 12:21 p.m. A report was filed with DPS regarding a fire in the courtyard of LXR. The fire was caused by a cigarette butt being tossed into one of the planters. The fire was extinguished and the damage was limited to the mulch inside of the planter. D.C. Fire Engine 5 responded; no injuries were reported.

Theft, McCarthy Hall, 3:26 p.m. A jewelry box containing a white metal ring with three blue stones, sorority pin and one heart-shaped necklace was stolen, the complainant reported. No suspects or witnesses have been identified.

Friday, September 4

Trash Can Fire, Outside Lauinger Library, 3:29 p.m. There was a trash can fire near Lauinger Library. The fire was extinguished. Damage was limited to the items inside the trash can. A report was filed with DPS. No injuries were reported. The cause of the fire is not known.

Saturday, September 5

Theft, Darnall Hall Bicycle Rack, 4:19 p.m. The complainant reported the theft of her secured bicycle from a bicycle rack in the area of Darnall Hall. No suspects or witnesses were identified.

Drug Violation, Darnall Hall, 8:40 p.m. DPS responded to Darnall Hall regarding a report of a suspicious odor in the area. Upon arrival, two subjects were on the scene and confessed to smoking marijuana. The subjects relinquished a bag containing an unknown substance and drug paraphernalia to members of DPS. A test was conducted, and the substance tested positive for containing marijuana.

Sunday, September 6

Trash Compactor Fire, Exterior of White-Gravenor Hall, 4:54 p.m. The debris in a dumpster behind White-Gravenor Hall caught fire after person or persons unknown had dumped hot coals into the dumpster. D.C. Fire Engine 5 responded and extinguished the fire. There were no reports of personal injury or property damage.

– Compiled from incident summaries provided by Department of Public Safety Reports. The DPS blotter is printed every Friday.