DPS Blotter

Wednesday, Jan. 16 Suspicious Activity, Medical and Dental Building, 8:14 a.m. A report was filed with the Department of Public Safety after the complainant noticed that someone had gained entry into an office by tampering with the door. Nothing was reported missing, and no witness or suspects have been identified. Theft, Yates Field House, 2:51 p.m. The complainant reported the theft of a wallet. Thursday, Jan. 17 Fraud, Off Campus, 5:46 p.m. The complainant filed a report of fraud/identity theft after receiving notice of an account that had been opened in the complainant’s name without authorization. The Metropolitan Police Department was notified. No suspects have been identified. Friday, Jan. 18 Theft, Leavey Center, 12:43 p.m. The complainant reported the theft of computer software. Theft, Reiss Science Building, 5:28 p.m. The complainant reported the theft of an iPod and wallet. Sunday, Jan. 20 Assault-APO, McShain Lounge, 12:37 a.m. A DPS officer was assaulted while breaking up a fight in the area. The officer received treatment at the Georgetown University Hospital Emergency Room for a shoulder and hand injury. MPD was notified and the suspect was identified. onday, Jan. 21 Harassment, McCarthy Hall, 1:06 a.m. The complainant reported being harassed via cell phone. A series of unwanted text messages was sent to the complainant’s cell phone. The suspect was not identified. – Compiled from DPS reports. The DPS blotter appears every Friday.