DPS Blotter

Friday, Aug. 22

Burglary, 1700 Block of 37th St. NW, 3:30 p.m.

The complainant reported that an unknown person or persons entered the complainant’s residence and removed jewelry and computers. There was no sign of forced entry.

Saturday, Aug. 23

Harassment, 3700 Block of S St. NW, 8:02 p.m.

The complainant reported that an unknown person or persons verbally harassed him as he was walking down the street.

onday, Aug. 25

Destruction of Property, ICC, 10:53 a.m.

The complainant reported that the door strikes on room 423 and room 424 were damaged, indicating possible signs of attempted entry.

Theft, 3600 Block of N St. NW, 12:17 p.m.

The complainant reported that an unknown person or persons removed his pirate flag that was hanging outside his bedroom window.

Destruction of Property, ICC, 12:56 p.m.

The complainant reported that the door strike in room 437 was damaged, indicating possible signs of attempted entry.

Burglary No Force, 3300 Block of P St. NW, 6:33 p.m.

The complainant reported that an unidentified male suspect entered her unsecured apartment and inquired of her if there were any apartments available. The complainant told the suspect “no” and asked him to leave. The suspect complied.

Tuesday, Aug. 26

Theft, Yates Field House, 6:09 p.m.

The complainant reported that an unknown person or persons removed his wallet from an unsecured locker in the men’s locker room. The complainant recovered the wallet from the Yates Field House office and discovered twenty dollars in U.S. currency was missing.

Wednesday, Aug. 27

Theft, 3600 Block of N St. NW, 9:30 a.m.

The complainant reported that an unknown person or persons removed his secured bicycle from a tree.

Friday, Aug. 29

Urinating in Public, 3500 Block of N St. NW, 1:37 a.m.

etropolitan Police Department reported that a student was observed urinating in public and was subsequently arrested and transported to the Second District Station for processing. The student was released after paying a fine.

– Compiled from Department of Public Safety reports. The DPS blotter appears every Friday.