DPS Blotter

Saturday, Aug. 30

Assault, Village A, 12:20 .m.

A suspect was apprehended and arrested by MPD on the charges of Simple Assault and Theft 1.

Drug Violation, Alumni Square, 4:25 a.m.

embers of DPS responded to the above location after receiving a report of possible drug use in the area. Drugs and drug paraphernalia were confiscated.

Assault, 3300 Block of Prospect St. NW, 4:31 a.m.

A suspect was apprehended and arrested by MPD after the complainant was able to make proper identification. The complainant received minor injuries and was treated by GERMS on the scene.

Theft, Off Campus, 9:30 a.m.

The complainant reported the theft of credit cards. No suspects or witnesses have been identified.

Theft, Leavey Center, 12:58 p.m.

The complainant reported the theft of a bicycle.

Theft, New South, 6:38 p.m.

Sunday, Aug. 31

Assault of a Police Officer, Lauinger Library, 1:30 a.m.

The suspect was arrested by MPD after assaulting a member of DPS during a party at Lauinger Library. The DPS officer did not require medical attention.

Theft, 3300 Block of Prospect St. NW, 12:01 p.m.

The complainant reported theft of a bicycle.

Tuesday, Sept. 2

Theft, Leavey Center, 3:22 p.m.

Theft, Lauinger Library, 3:56 p.m.

The complainant reported the theft of a laptop.

Theft, Leavey Center, 5:32 p.m.

Wednesday, Sept. 3

Robbery, 3900 Block of W St. NW, 9:00 p.m.

The complainant reported being robbed of a backpack. The suspect approached the complainant from behind. The complainant passed out after being choked by the suspect. The complainant was only able to identify that the suspect was a male, large build and wearing a long sleeve shirt during the attack. The complainant also contacted MPD after gaining consciousness.

Thursday, Sept. 4

Robbery, 3500 Block of Dent St. NW, 1:28 a.m.

The complainant reported being robbed of personal belongings. The complainant was grabbed from behind and placed in a chokehold, the suspected went through the complainant’s pocket and removed a cell phone, credit card, debit card and other items belonging to the complainant. The complainant was able to describe the suspects. This case is under investigation at this time.

Suspicious Activity, Village C East, 5:00 a.m.

The complainant reported seeing an unknown male in the lounge area watching porn. The person left that area before he could be identified.

Theft, Red Square, 3:09 p.m.

The complainant reported that theft of a banner from the area of Red Square.

Friday, Sept. 5

Destruction of Property, ICC, 1:49 a.m.

A report was filed with DPS concerning damage to door located in ICC. The return arm on the door was ripped off. No witnesses or suspects have been identified.

Burglary, 3700 Block of R St. NW

The complainant reported that an unknown male entered her bedroom, got into her bed and placed his arm around the complainant’s waist. The suspect left on his own, the complainant was able to identify the suspect. MPD was notified and also generated a report. A look out was placed for the suspect.

Sunday, Sept. 7

Harassment, 3200 Block of O St. NW

The suspect continued to contact the complainant after the complainant told him to cease contact. He sent the complainant numerous text messages, voice messages.

onday, Sept. 8

Harassment, Lauinger Library, 3:41 p.m.

The complainant reported being followed by the suspect on two occasions. The suspect was identified and served with a barring notice.

– Compiled from Department of Public Safety reports. The DPS blotter appears every Friday.