GU Appoints Olson to Associate VP Post

Georgetown announced the appointment of Todd Olson, Ph.D. to the post of Associate Vice President for Student Affairs on Monday. Olson will oversee the Residence Life and Student Life administrative programs beginning July 1.

“His tremendous understanding of the needs and concerns of students, breadth of experience in higher education and personal commitment to the values and traditions of Georgetown make him uniquely qualified to take on this important leadership role on campus,” Vice President for Student Affairs Juan Gonzalez said in a press release. “He is one of the nation’s top student life professionals and will be an asset to our team at Georgetown in the years ahead.”

Olson most recently held the position of Associate Vice Provost for Campus Life at the University of Denver and has over 15 years of experience in the field of student affairs.

“I am thrilled about joining the Georgetown community,” he said. “The Student Affairs team at Georgetown is outstanding, and I look forward to contributing my skills and experience to the effort.”

Olson also served as a professor at the University of Denver and has been awarded numerous honors for his work there.

His responsibilities at Georgetown will include overseeing programs at the Office of Student Programs, MBNA Career Center, Center for Minority Educational Affairs, Counseling and Psychiatric Services, Health Education Programs and Student Conduct.

“The students, staff and faculty I have met make it clear that Georgetown is a vibrant, caring and intellectually exciting place to be,” Olson said.