GU Student Assaulted on Campus

A Georgetown student was reportedly attacked last week by three unknown males, according to a report filed with the Metropolitan Police Department.

Nasser Alotaibi told MPD he was walking around campus at about 12:03 a.m. on Nov. 24 when three suspects approached him. The three suspects spoke to him, and he responded that he did not speak English very well. Two of the suspects then grabbed him by his sweater and pushed him against a wall while the third suspect cut his face with an “unknown object.”

The suspects reportedly ran down the Harbin steps onto Tondorf Road towards the Leavey Center, according to a Public Safety Announcement issued by the Department of Public Safety.

The report describes the suspects as black males wearing white Georgetown sweatshirts.

GERMS, DPS and MPD all responded to the scene, and DPS and MPD both declined to comment on the status of the investigation. The police department has classified the incident as an assault with a deadly weapon.

The victim was transported to the hospital where he was treated for lacerations to the right side of his face and was subsequently released, according to the report.

Although the MPD report did not classify the incident as a hate crime, Dennis Williams, associate dean of students and director of the Center for Multicultural Equity and Access, said the Bias Reporting Team is investigating the incident.

The victim’s cousin, Marzouq Alotaibi, also a Georgetown student, interpreted Nasser Alotaibi’s complaint to MPD.

Nasser Alotaibi declined to comment.