In the Spotlight: Matt Fronczke

Mitch Fox/The Hoya

Sport: Football

Position: Defensive Back

Hometown: Downers Grove, Ill.

High School: Benet Academy

School/Year: COL ’04

Major: Economics

High School Highlights: Named All-State and team MVP as a junior and senior … Set school record with six touchdowns in a game … Selected to the All-State Academic team and won the President’s Education Award.

Georgetown Highlights: First junior team captain in over 20 years … 2001: Team’s leading tackler with 74 stops … Led the team in solo stops as well with 55 … Started every contest at defensive back…. Tied for the Patriot League lead in interceptions with four … Picked off two passes at home against Duquesne … Added a sack and forced a fumble vs. Davidson … Defended six passes and had three tackles for a loss … Made a season high 11 tackles at Marist … 2000: Contributor on the special teams … Made 11 tackles, including nine solo stops … Played as a nickelback.

Favorite Professor at Georgetown: Father Wildes. He’s a really good guy.

Three magazines on your coffee table: ESPN, Time or Newsweek, axim

Three books on your ideal book shelf: “The Magus,” Catch-22,”Friday Night Lights”

When did you first start playing football? 5th grade.

Why football? It was just the next sport to play. My older brother played it, so I did, too.

Toughest Opponent: Lehigh University

What do you do to get psyched for a game? Personally, I stick to myself and stay quiet. I kind of visualize what I have to do.

How does being the first junior team captain in over 20 years rank among your accomplishments? I think definitely the top two. It was a great honor from my team and coaches.

Biggest sacrifice you’ve ever had to make for football: Time. It takes up a lot of time. You see everyone going out and having fun, but sometimes you’ve gotta sacrifice time for football and school.

Favorite Athlete: Rob Ventura … I liked him when he played for the White Sox. He’s the only one who gave me an autograph when I was younger.

One word you would use to describe yourself: Persistent.

One word someone else would use to describe you: My mom would call me very devoted.

Favorite musician: Led Zeppelin

Favorite Movie: The Big Lebowski

Most prized possession: My grandfather’s cross that he gave me.

Who is the person you admire the most? I’d have to go with my mother and father and what they’ve given up for me and my brothers.

How many brothers do you have? Two. Kirk, 18, and Karl, 24.

Are you close to your brothers? Yeah, definitely close.

Most interesting person you’ve met: I don’t know … Probably my roommate Ryan McGovern. He’s a fun person to be around – He gets goofy and I think he’s really hilarious. He knows when to be serious, too.Coolest place you’ve ever traveled: That’d have to be Ireland. I just went there this past summer with a buddy.

Three things you always keep in your fridge: String cheese, hotdogs and orange juice

Dream Car: ’68 Ford Mustang

Worst Fear: I saw Signs this summer and aliens really creep me out. The thought of that stuff kinda scares me.

One thing you want to do before you die: Travel the world. Kinda see everything.

If you could choose an actor to play you in a movie, who you would choose?

Vin Diesel. Everyone thinks, “Vin Diesel … big stud.”

First job: Labor for a construction company.

Worst job: Same thing. It was rigorous. Long days and hard hours.

What do you do in your spare time whne you’re not playing football?

Relax.

Do you have any hobbies? More or less reading. I go a page at a time. I never get it all done though.

Where do you see yourself five years from now? God, I don’t know. Hopefully be successful. Playing ball, or if not, then maybe as the head of a corporation making lots of money.

What’s one goal you have for the football team for this season? To have a winning record in the Patriot League.

What’s under your bed right now?

My shoes.