In the Spotlight

Ruthie Braunstein/The Hoya In the spotlight: Caroline Marshall

Hometown: Pittsford, NY

High School: The Harley School

School: COL ’02

Majors: Psychology, English

Sport: Tennis

High School Highlights: Three-year captain … All-County each year … Compteted in state tournament every year … Member of Section 5, Class Championship Team … Ranked in Top 25 by Eastern Teams Association for New York and New Jersey

Georgetown Highlights: No. 1 singles player … No. 1 doubles player since freshman year … Team captain … Won both matches at Villanova last weekend

Nicknames: Penny, `Roline, C and Ro-Ro

Favorite Team: Boston Red Sox

Favorite Athlete: Steffi Graf

Favorite Musical Artist: Paul Oakenfold

Favorite Song: “One” by U2

What do you think is the greatest moment in tennis history? When Pete Sampras won his seventh Wimbledon, because he mangaged to do it with such style and class

If you could be anyone besides yourself, who would it be and why? At this point in my life, I would say that I wouldn’t want to be anyone else, but ask me after graduation and I might tell you something different.

If you could meet any person, dead or alive, who would it be? Gary Larson, the guy who did “The Far Side.” He’s a genius.

If you could play against any GU athlete, who would it be? Ken Jordan because I like his slice forehand

Would you rather play tennis indoors or outdoors? Either. Just give me a court.

If you could be great at any sport besides tennis, what would it be and why? Rock climbing, because I love adventure and the outdoors.

Personal Motto: “The cold wind will be blowing off the lake. It will be nasty, intense … and I’ll love it.”

– Jack Lambert

What do you enjoy most about your present team? We are all putting a lot of time and effort into making ourselves better players.

Have you ever met anybody famous? The real George Bush, Bob Dole and Dave Matthews. Last summer, Dave Matthews was doing a show in Rochester. My sister and I were coming back from dinner to my sister’s boyfriend’s house. We peeked in the window and saw Dave sitting on his couch. My sister’s boyfriend had seen him walking down the street, went up to him and told him that he looked like Dave Matthews. When Dave replied that he was Dave atthews, [my sister’s boyfriend] invited him over for a drink.