Midnight Madness Set for Oct. 18

The Georgetown men’s basketball team will hold its annual idnight Madness exhibition Friday, Oct. 18 at McDonough Gymnasium. The event will allow students to preview the team before the coming season opens in November. Last year’s Midnight Madness event featured a performance by Bubba Sparxxx and a dunk contest. This year’s schedule has not yet been announced.

“We knew that a lot of students would travel over the three day weekend but that everybody wanted a look at the 2002-03 Hoyas,” Head Coach Craig Esherick said in a press release. “By setting the 18th as the date, we give everyone a chance.”

The men’s basketball team will also be holding tryouts for current full-time students interested in playing for the Hoyas. Tryouts will be held on Sunday, Oct. 13 at McDonough Gymnasium at 7:30 p.m. Candidates should bring athletic gear and student ID and be prepared to try out.

In other news, Georgetown announced the complete 2002-03 men’s basketball schedule. The Hoyas’ games will be broadcast on CBS three times, at Virginia Dec. 28, at home against UCLA on Feb. 8 and at home against Notre Dame on March 8. Also, for the first time in a number of years, they will be televised on ABC when they play host to Syracuse on March 1. Four other regular season games, at Duke on January 8, at Syracuse on February 3, at home against Pittsburgh on February 17 and at Miami on February 22 on will be televised on ESPN.