Penn Players to Watch

Robert Irvin

The senior signal caller is back to old form after missing all but two games last season due to injury. Two years ago, as a sophomore, Irvin threw for over 2,000 yards and 10 scores, earning him an honorable mention on the all-Ivy team.

So far this season, Irvin is on pace to surpass his impressive sophomore campaign. In three games, the Davidson, N.C., native has thrown for 227.3 yards per game with four touchdowns and a 107.72 passing efficiency.

Irvin passed for 270 yards and two scores in the Quakers’ only win over Dartmouth.

One advantage Irvin will have tomorrow is his height. The quarterback stands at 6-foot-5, taller than any of the Hoyas’ defensive line. The Georgetown pass rush will need to get to Irvin, or else he will be able to sit back and fire over the line all day.

The Hoyas do not have to worry about Irvin beating them with his legs, however. He has run less than ten times all season.

Chris Wynn

Don’t be fooled by Wynn’s low total for tackles this season. The junior defensive back has only made nine stops in three games, but it is not due to lack of effort. Wynn does not need to make many tackles because he rarely lets opposing wide receivers catch the ball.

The 5-foot-9, 175-pound Quaker has three interceptions and five passes broken up already this season. For a Hoya offense that threw four interceptions in their last game, Wynn could add to those totals. Freshman James Brady and sophomore Keerome Lawrence would be wise to throw away from Wynn.

In the season opener against Villanova, Wynn nabbed two interceptions and also snuck into the backfield to block extra point attempt.

A first-team all-Ivy performer last year as a sophomore, Wynn also averages 8.3 yards per punt return and 19.6 on kick returns. He averaged 1.60 pass breakups per game last year, good for second in the Ivy League. Wynn finished last year with five interceptions.