Student Allegedly Assaulted in Attempted Robbery

A Georgetown student was allegedly assaulted just feet from her front door on the 3400 block of O Street Thursday evening in an attempted robbery by two females. Rachel Manser (MSB ’08) said she was walking from her residence to a CVS on Wisconsin Avenue at around 5:35 p.m. when she was approached by two female teenagers. She said she had walked only two doors east from her own home, when one or both of the suspects punched her in the face and tried to pull her purse from her. “Right as they passed me, one of them grabbed my arm, and I ended up on the ground,” she said. anser estimated that she was struck three times in the face. “I was yelling for them to get off me,” she said. anser said that when the suspects realized she was not going to give up her purse, they ran off without taking any of her belongings. The whole incident lasted less than a minute, she said. No bystanders came to help during the incident, Manser said. “I was in shock for a while that it was actually happening to me, that it was not a joke,” Manser said. “You read those [notification e-mails], and you never think it will happen to you.” anser said that after the incident, she ran back to her house, where two of her housemates helped her get ice for her face. She said she had been cut on the forehead during the struggle and had blood on her face. According to Manser, she called the Department of Public Safety and was told to contact the Metropolitan Police Department instead. She said that no DPS officers responded to the incident. anser said that both suspects were roughly the same height as herself and that they did not use any weapons other than their fists. The DPS incident report described the suspects as black females aged 16-18. One suspect was wearing a black puffy jacket, the report said. PD and D.C. Emergency Medical Services responded to the incident. Manser was treated for a swollen left eye on the scene, the MPD report said.